Sunday, August 9, 2009

Almost there...

Me and Beto, the creator of Zumba.
I could put him in my pocket.
It was an exciting weekend last week! I am officially a certified Zumba instructor!
WOO!
The experience was amazing, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. We were able to take two Masters classes from the master himself, Beto Perez, the creator of Zumba. It was two-eight hour days of Latin dancing, and even thought I couldn't really move on Monday, it was all worth.

Now that I am officially certified, I can start teaching anywhere I want. So, my first goal is to take over the Highmark Wellness Center. (evil laugh)
(P.S. That is a total joke...)
The usual instructor is going to be out for the next two Wednesdays, so I'm filling in under the supervision of one of the other instructors at the center. I AM SO EXCITED!! And, incredibly nervous. I haven't taught dance in about six years, and I was dealing with 5 and 12-year olds.
So, the plan is to do a mix of what the instructor does every week and then throw in a few of my own dances. So far, I have two numbers done... I need to get on it!!! AHH!!

The great thing about two days of Zumba is the amount of weight you lose... 2.7 pounds!! I'm weight is now...
161.5

I'M ALMOST THERE!!

Last time we talked, apparently the 165 weight was the correct one because the following week my weight was 164.3. But, I am SO EXCITED!! WOOT!!

In closing, if anyone from Highmark is reading this and you want to try out my class, it's Wednesday at noon. IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME!!

Until next time...

Keepin' the pudge alive,
-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment