Thursday, June 4, 2009

PIZZA! PIZZA!

IT'S ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT!!!

And, it seems to be everywhere I look: on the TV, in my coupons, at work, EVERYWHERE!!

As if you can't tell, I LOVE PIZZA. It's probably one of my favorite foods in the whole world, especially the five-cheese one from Cafe Milano in downtown...

This image is now making me think of donuts... DAMN IT!

I was watching Sandra Lee's Money Saving Meals this weekend, and she made Farm Stand Pizza. It was basically a veggie pizza. It looked pretty tasty, so I decided to give it a try last night.

I made a few substitutions...


  • I didn't make her tomato sauce because I was lazy, so i just used some canned diced tomatoes
  • I used fat-free mozzarella instead of the good, fatty, yummy cheese
  • I used a Flat Out tortilla instead of the pizza dough - 1 point and totally delicious, by FAR the best high fiber tortilla out there

Overall, not bad but not great. But, I didn't really care for the broccoli on it. I thought it was kind of odd. If I would do it again, I would nix the broccoli.

Since I was disappointed, I decided to give it another try tonight. I actually stumbled upon this recipe in Prevention magazine, which I some how have a subscription to even though I never signed up for one...

Yes... I eat off of pink plates. And, they are AWESOME.

This is how the pizza went down:

  • Flat Out tortilla
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Grilled chicken
  • Fat-free mozzarella
  • Oregano
  • Minced garlic

Ummm... DELICIOUS!! It was actually really good, and something I will definitely eat more often. Everything except the wrap is CORE, so it only cost me 1 point. A small slice of cheese pizza is 6 points!! I would say this is a pretty good deal!!!

Anyone out there have any other yummy low-cal pizza ideas? You know I want to hear them!

Your pudgie pizza lover,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment