Thursday, May 7, 2009

Salsa Chicken and French Fries

Good evening, ya'll!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words and messages about my little, pudgie blog. It really means a lot!
On a serious note, let's talk about a very important subject... FOOD!!

Tonight for dinner, I had two of my most favorite foods: French fries and quesadillas.

How can you eat that and still lose weight? Well, let me tell you how!
First up - French fries. This is probably my favorite thing to make. I LOVE THESE, and they are crazy easy to make.

I took this photo after I ate some... that's all that survived.

Pudgie fries
Potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Seasoned Salt
Garlic Powder

Set the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the potatoes to fry-shape and put in plastic bag. Then, add a LITTLE bit of EVOO, and season with the season salt and garlic powder to taste. Shake and pour onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, and then flip the fries, and then bake for 15 minues.

When I'm feeling really naughty, I put low-fat cheese on these and bacon crumbles and then dip them in fat-free sour cream. *DROOL*

Next up... Quesadillas!

Hm... that looks kinda gross... but I SWEAR it isn't

I make quesadillas with Salsa Chicken, which is a recipe from the best Weight Watcher leader, Mary! She would talk about it all the time at meetings, and now I eat it at least once a week. This chicken can be used for quesadillas, fajitas, enchiladas, or just on top of brown rice. GAAA... it's so good.

And, it's probably the easiest thing in the world to make.

Salsa Chicken
Chicken breasts
One jar of salsa

Put frozen chicken breasts in crockpot, pour salsa on top and cook on low for about 6 hours.

To make quesadillas, I take one Flat Out tortilla and put a little fat-low Mexican cheese on it and some chopped jalapenos. I dip it in fat-free sour cream. OMG, it's SO GOOD.

In my opinion, the Flat Out tortilla is the best high fiber, low fat/calorie tortilla out there. When you heat it up, it tastes pretty close to a "real" tortilla. Very, very yummy.

Well, that's all I have for tonight, folk. If you have any recipes you want me to try out and write about, shoot me an e-mail at caitlinsmith70@yahoo.com. I'd love to hear from you!

Love, pudge and rock 'n roll,
-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment